geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Preparing to release stax-api and ws-metadata specs...input requested
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:43:09 GMT
I'm going to prepare to release these artifacts today.

My general plan is to update the monitor the commits on these items
in trunk while performing the release.

1. Move the artifacts from trunk to branches/versionNumber.0 (not
really necessary due to low / no activity but consistent with what
we've previously discussed)
2. Update the version number to the released number.
3. Build and test the artifacts on a Geronimo build.
4. If the testing goes well:
     a. Commit the changes.
     b. Publish the artifacts to my people account for review and vote.
5. Vote
     a. Vote goes well we publish to the repos and move to tags.
     b. Vote fails make necessary changes and go to 3.

Comments welcome.

I'll update the Wiki for these items in terms of release procedures
(step by step) so I can put myself out of a job).