geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r527746 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/resources/var/config/ modules/geronimo-deploy-tool/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/deployment/ modules/geronimo-deploy-tool/src/main/java/org/apache/ger...
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:02:51 GMT

On Apr 12, 2007, at 8:02 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:

>   I had raised this issue earlier:
> http://www.nabble.com/Can-RMI-Naming-Port-be-1099--
> tf3454855s134.html#a9638251
>    I have not found a satisfactory explanation of this phenomenon...
> Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi Anita,
I think we need a bit more information.

 From our IRC conversation, it sounds like port 1099 needs to call to
LocateRegistry.createRegistry(port)

Assume the following server instances on the same box:

Server instance A with RMIRegistryService port set to 1079
Server instance B with RMIRegistryService port set to 1089
Server instance C with RMIRegistryService port defaulted to 1099

Server A is started. The server will start listening on port 1079,
but will also temporarily start a server socket on port 1099.
Server C is started. The server will start listening on port 1099.
Server B cannot start. It get's an error trying to bind to port 1099.

Is that accurate?

As I mentioned earlier on IRC, I think we need to change the default
port back to 1099. We can then work on getting this problem resolved...

Thanks!

--kevan