geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Openejb should allow configuration of port used by AdminDaemon
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 23:44:55 GMT

--- David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2007, at 5:43 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:

<snip>
> You can configure it by adding the property "admin.port=<number>" to
>
> the o.a.o.loader.SystemInstance or to the system properties.
>
> This particular protocol shouldn't be enabled though and should
> instead be disabled, "admin.disabled=true" via the same approach.

    Thanks David! I modified OpenEjbSystemGBean to set
admin.disabled=true. Neither
     System.setProperty("admin.disabled", "true"); nor
     systemInstance.setProperty("admin.disabled", "true");
   worked correctly, i.e. the port was still being used.. It appears
that the property is being set too late. Am I missing something?
   I was able to use GERONIMO_OPTS to set this property, and run
multiple instances of geronimo using bin\startup. If possible I would
like to avoid adding yet another param to GERONIMO_OPTS.

Thanks
Anita

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.