geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help needed with geronimo.sh
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 02:10:50 GMT

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I agree.  I don't think normal geronimo startup should involve
> copying stuff from one location to another to set up a new server
> location.
    This is needed because we need to keep a pristine copy of 'var'
directory to create additional instances of geronimo. A user should be
able to use the installed image _any_ time to create additional
instances. In other words we need two copies of 'var' directory, one to
create additional instance and one to start the 'base server'. We could
either create var and geronimo/var at build time or copy 'var' to
geronimo/var when the image is used to start geronimo very _first_
time.

Thanks
Anita

 We could build some kind of admin server to manage setting