geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M5 (rc1) binaries available
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:00:37 GMT

On Apr 26, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Sorry about that.  We had all agreed that was the correct approach
> and it did fix the jstl issue.  I should have thought to check jsf
> as well.
>
> It seems that these components (jsf, jstl) assume a flat
> classloader. Our classloader structure is making this very
> difficult. I hope that we can come up with a solution within our
> classloader structure that allows everything to work but so far
> this has proven elusive.
>
> Is there not a work-around so that this milestone can still go out?
> Does it help to add JSF & JSTL as dependencies of the application?

I have an idea I'll try that I hope will let us put the jstl jar back
into specs.  Maybe we can write a Driver that delegates to a
datasource it looks up in jndi.  No one should be using
DriverManager.getConnection in an enterprise app anyway, so I think
this might be an OK workaround.

thanks
david jencks