geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how do i get maven generated doc live?
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:25:46 GMT

-sachin

On Apr 15, 2007, at 4:34 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:
>> I've run site:site site:deploy on devtools/eclipse-plugin which
>> successfully built and published to:
>>
>> people.apache.org/www/geronimo.apache.org/maven/devtools/eclipse-
>> plugin
>>
>> What, if anything, do I need to do next to make it live on
>>
>> http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/devtools/eclipse-plugin?
>
> You just have to wait for the site sync to happen, so sit back and
> do nothing and check again in an hour or so.
>
>  * * *
>
> Please update the permissions, these files should all be g+w, but
> they are not:
>
>     drwxr-xr-x   4 sppatel   geronimo   512 Apr 15 08:20 devtools
>
> To fix run:
>
>     chmod -R g+w /www/geronimo.apache.org/maven/devtools

Fixed.

> It would also be really nice if you would use the same site skin as
> the other Maven-generated site.  If you would have just used the
> Genesis project-config pom as your parent then you would have
> picked this up automatically.  I created project-config for a
> specific reason... to allow common configuration to be shared.  But
> that only works if you actually use it.

I think genesis may be too much for me too pull in, as I'm not sure
what it all does.  So I'll just pick the pieces I need and if it ends
up that it need alot of what genesis provides, then I can make use it
as the parent.  But for now, I don't think that is the case.

> Are there actually any reports generated for these modules?  I did
> a quick check and I just see the project-info reports.  And looks
> like none of these modules have descriptions.  What is the point of
> the Maven-generated site if you don't update the pom to describe
> the module and enable useful reports?

No not yet.  I was playing around with the site functionality for the
first time, so I just trying to get something basic setup.  Sorry.