I'm happy to revert the change, but I think that we ultimately need it. I believe we're targeting JAX-WS 2.1 (we switched the API jar the other day), and that requires JAXB 2.1. There are many benefits from a user perspective in 2.1. For isntance it has a lot better functionality for things like WS-A and also makes it easier for people to use substitution types, which requires all sorts of hacks right now.

Is Geronimo just looking to release JAX-WS 2.0 support or 2.1? Any idea if its possible to certify Geronimo with 2.1? Or does certification require 2.0? I'm not sure what the status is of the JAX-WS 2.1 TCK either.

- Dan

(I CC'd dev@geronimo in, hope thats ok)