geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Surefire build issue
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:14:02 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> The server/trunk (and server/branches/1.2) codelines inhert
> configuration from genesis/config/project-config 1.1 (
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/genesis/tags/genesis-1.1/config/project-config/pom.xml

> ) which currently sets the surefire plugin version to 2.2.
>
> I'm unaware of any problems with the build due to surefire problems.
> What issues are you having?

Oh, I should have said that I'm trying to build server/trunk. The
problem I'm seeing is the one below. The exact class where it happens
might vary based on how far the previous build got, if running mvn clean
test it will always halt on the same class.

org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException:
org/apache/geronimo
/activation/handlers/TextHtmlTest (Unsupported major.minor version
49.0); nested
  exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/geronimo/activa
tion/handlers/TextHtmlTest (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/geronimo/activation/handlers/
TextHtmlTest (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
         at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
3)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass(Isolat
edClassLoader.java:100)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.locateTest
Sets(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:84)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.createSuiteFromDefinition(Surefire
.java:147)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:108)
         at
java:39)
         at
sorImpl.java:25)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(Su
refireBooter.java:225)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.j
ava:747)

This is on:
$ "$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" -version
java version "1.5.0_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

As I wrote previously, changing the surefire plugin version to 2.0 does
seem to fix this. I didn't notice the inheritance you mentioned before,
but now I tried setting the plugin version to 2.2 explicitly in
server/trunk/pom.xml and that results in the same problem.

I'm not familiar enough with the surefire classloading to analyze this
issue in any great detail :-/

/niklas