geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: What is the Java Version for building source code?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:07:38 GMT
Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the recommended Java version to be used with building G from
> source code?
>
> At the moment I am having a problem of building G from source code
> (maven build fails with complaining incompatible Java version).

I'm running into the same issue with 1.5.0_05. This makes for an odd
error message:

[INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
[INFO] Detected Maven Version: 2.0.5 is allowed in the range [2.0.5,).
[WARNING] Rule 0: RequireJavaVersion failed with message: Detected JDK
Version:
1.5.0-05 is not in the allowed range [1.5,1.6).

Changing the range to [1.4,1.6) let's me pass but that's probably not a
good idea ;-)

/niklas