geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r517486 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: configs/openejb/src/plan/ modules/geronimo-connector-builder/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/deployment/ modules/geronimo-connector/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/ modules/geroni...
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:30:40 GMT
Sorry... completely missed this message...

On Mar 12, 2007, at 7:27 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Is there some reason you didn't use the activationSpecInfo map
> which already had the info you put into
> messageListenerToActivationSpec map and a lot more besides?

Well, I can't say I'm totally happy with my solution but it does
work.  The reason I put that data into the ResourceAdapterWrapper was
because I couldn't figure out how to reliably pick all the data I
needed out of the GBean objects.  There are quite a few objects and
not everything is linked or had a dependency.  This means I have to
listen for multiple GBeans and keep everything in sync.  It was
simply easier to copy the data into the RA.

> I prefer to put this info in the ResourceAdapterModuleimpl which
> represents the rar file rather than the ResourceAdapterWrapper
> which represents an individual instance of a resource adapter
> specified by the rar file to avoid duplication, but it doesn't make
> a lot of difference.

That would be fine with me as long as I can call ra.getModule
().getMessageListenerToActivationSpecMap() (or a shorter name) and
have it work every time.

> At some point we should make it so only one copy of this data is
> stuffed into gbeans, whether it's the simplified data you have or
> the fuller representation I had, and take it out of whatever gbeans
> aren't being used.

I'm cool with any changes... I just want to get it working and then
we can refactor later.

-dain