geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CORBA ported from OpenEJB 2
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:15:31 GMT

On Mar 6, 2007, at 11:35 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> Ok, I think I've run into the first problem area.  I'm trying to
> translate what's getting done in the TSSLinkBuilder to the new
> paradigm, and I've bumped up against a problem straight off.  Ok,
> you've given me the following with what you've implemented:  an
> ejbName, a tssBeanName, and a list of jndinames used to publish
> this bean to the naming service.
> Now in the TSSLinkBuilder, we were operating on the XML for a
> single ejb definition, so the ejbName came from the plan naming
> context, and was then converted into an AbstractName instance to
> complete the GBean wiring.  The TSSLinkBuilder code in question
> looks like this:
>    public void buildNaming(XmlObject specDD, XmlObject plan,
> Configuration localConfiguration, Configuration
> remoteConfiguration, Module module, Map componentContext) throws
> DeploymentException {
>        if (plan == null) {
>            return;
>        }
>
>        AbstractName ejbName = getGBeanName(componentContext);
>

> where the componentContext is used to retrieve an AbstractName for
> this ejb using the simple name contained in the plan.  But now
> things are inverted in the ModuleBuilderExtension, so I need to map
> the simple name retrieved from a tss-link element to the
> corresponding AbstractName for the EJB in this module context.  How
> do I retrieve that information?

The easiest solution would  be if the openejb builder could construct
a map of simple name to abstract name (or gbeanData) for the ejbs
it's constructing and put that in the componentContext.  It that
isn't practical we can figure out enough of the name to construct an
abstract name query to find the ejb at runtime.  You can figure out
all of the ejb name except the j2eeType from the module name and ejb
name and by using an interface query we can  be sure we're getting
some kind of ejb.  If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll
come up with something more detailed.

> Secondly, TSSLinkBuilder uses the module URI for the first attempt
> at resolving the TSSBean information.  Here's the code:
>            URI moduleURI = module.getModuleURI();
>            String moduleString = moduleURI == null ? null :
> moduleURI.toString();
>            AbstractNameQuery tssBeanName =
> ENCConfigBuilder.buildAbstractNameQuery(null, moduleString,
> tssLink, NameFactory.EJB_MODULE, NameFactory.EJB_MODULE);
>
> If this fails, than it tries again without the module name.  Is
> this still a correct usage, or is there something else that should
> be used here?

I think this is still correct.  First we look for a tss bean in the
same module, then we look for one in the set of ancestors.

thanks
david jencks