geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to get the geronimo server path and find a few jars from repo?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:21:56 GMT

On Mar 22, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to build a classpath string for the wsgen tools.
> Basically, I need to use a few sun jars, a few geronimo spec jars
> and a few axis2 jars and the module from the repository to build
> the classpath string. And I am trying to do this from Axis2Builder.
>
> Jarek mentioned to me that I might be able to use configuration
> manager that can help me find the jars automatically if I just give
> it the group and actifact id.   Could someone shed some light on
> how to use that?
>
> If there isn't such a manager avail, what is the best way to get
> the geronimo server path so that I can find the jars from the path
> myself?

ServerInfo can get you the server locations, but if there are lots of
repositories installed that won't do you much good.

If you have a Repository and an artifactId you can get the File location

You might be able to travel through the ConfigurationManager to
various ConfigurationStores and eventually end up with a classpath,
but I wonder if it would be possible and/or simpler to run the tool
in a geronimo kernel and use our classloaders?

thanks
david jencks