geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <jason.dil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon and commons-cli
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:12:30 GMT
I briefly looked into adding this... but looks like a lot of the
bootstrap plumbing has changed.  I'm a bit bewildered as to why we
are booting up a temporary kernel before we get to command-line
option parsing.  I'm also a bit mystified as to why option parsing is
now spread over several classes.  IMO the bootstrap has become overly
complicated... and probably needs some love to get it sorted.  The
task of adding commons-cli to the single Daemon class has become a
wee bit more difficult due to all of this, so I'm gonna put this off
for a little bit more while I soak up all of the recent changes and
let it congeal in my head.

In the meantime... can anyone tell me why we are booting up a kernel
before cli parsing?  From what has congealed in my head so far...
this is for access to the repository for classloading of bootstrap
classes.  Is there any other reason why we boot a kernel here before
cli parsing?

--jason