geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat m2 repo?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:54:29 GMT
On Mar 27, 2007, at 1:58 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>>> Yesterday they marked the issue as resolved since the tomcat jars
>>> are
>>> now available at http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/m2-repository,
>>> but
>>
>> Ug... why on earth is Tomcat not just using the standard Maven 2
>> repos that the rest of us have to use?  This is so annoying.   If
>> they just published to m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository then they would
>> be done already.
> wow, you're such a joy to be around ;)

Sorry, this repo stuff is a sore subject for me.  I've been trying to
keep things orderly (and limited) and new repos just keep poping up
and into our build.  This has been going on for a while now, though
it has gotten better.

Anyways, nothing personal... I am just a little annoyed with all the
repo related issues in whole.

>> Blah... I assume this is an Ant-based project?  So either write a
>> small task to invoke gpg (peep at how the mvn plugin works for
>> where to start http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/
>> maven-gpg-plugin/), or write a macro to invoke an exec task def to
>> invoke gpg to sign things.
> we can do all that, but there was no way to get the .asc file to
> travel up to the repo with the JAR/POM. Not even using the mvn
> command line

Would be nice if the m2 antlib tasks helped you do this... but if
not, we can always role a custom m2 plugin to make it work.  Though
thats only a short-term solution, longer-term if you are gonna use
the m2 antlib tasks, then we should get those with the features you
need.

--jason