geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ENC (Environment Naming Context) Question
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:33:07 GMT

On Mar 5, 2007, at 4:50 AM, Christopher M. Cardona wrote:

> Some questions about our ENC implementation:
>
> 1. How do we add/create a subcontext for "java:comp/env"? Do we
> have an API for doing this? I get
> javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException when calling
> createSubcontext().

Per the spec java:comp is read-only.  The content is set up in the
NamingBuilders during deployment: we construct a map of stuff, which
is turned into a Context using
EnterpriseNamingContext.createEnterpriseNamingContext.

> 2. Which ENC subcontexts are required to be created? Is this list
> enough?
>
> java:comp/env/mail
> java:comp/env/jdbc
> java:comp/env/jms
> java:comp/env/ejb

None, unless something is bound under them: all this happens already
in the EnterpriseNamingContext call.

What are you trying to do?  You might have headed in a bit of the
wrong direction.

thanks
david jencks