geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject BouncyCastle and apache ds
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:30:06 GMT
I recently realized apacheds was using bouncy castle which IIUC is
not distributable with apache stuff, so I looked into whether they
could switch to our geronimo-util.

apacheds appears to use bouncycastle for some kerberos support.  Some
of the classes they need are already in geronimo-util, but these are
missing so far:

org.bouncycastle.crypto.digests.SHA1Digest
org.bouncycastle.crypto.modes.CBCBlockCipher
org.bouncycastle.crypto.params.ParametersWithIV
org.bouncycastle.crypto.engines.DESEngine
org.bouncycastle.crypto.engines.DESedeEngine
org.bouncycastle.crypto.digests.MD4Digest
org.bouncycastle.crypto.params.DESParameters
org.bouncycastle.crypto.digests.MD5Digest

(unless I missed some)

See also DIRSERVER-877

Does anyone have a guess as to whether we could include these in our
geronimo-util or if the equivalents are in the platform crypto support?

thanks
david jencks