geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Working on DayTrader
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:57:26 GMT
someone just reported a problem with some required classes being in
one of the app client jars and no longer being accessible to the
server.  I caused this recently :-) by making the app client deployer
copy the files into the app client's configuration rather than the
ear configuration.  This makes the app client config independent of
the ear config so it should be possible to deploy it without the ear
config present.

I'm not quite sure what the best solution is....nor am I sure that
having an app client as a manifest dependency of a server side
component is spec compliant.

I think we could either:

(1) if the app client is specified as a manifest cp entry, copy it
into the ear config but just as a jar, so there would be 2 copies,
one in the ear and one in the app client

(2) in this case make the app client config a parent of the ear config

At the moment (1) sounds more reliable to me.

thanks
david jencks