geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Confluence user groups
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:18:58 GMT
Yes, I know... though admin includes the ability to empty the trash,
to alter perms of the spaces, update space info, remove the space,
etc... which is what I want folks to be careful about.  So there is
some added responsibility... to make sure that we keep the
permissions intact and inline with our policies.

Anyways, I just sent this as a little reminder to folks... I don't
expect anything major to happen... though accidents can happen.

--jason

On Mar 21, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> We are not adding responsibility, if you were able to add, edit,
> delete files in SVN being a Geronimo committer you should still be
> able to do the same in Confluence.
> This user group has "space" admin privs to only Geronimo related
> spaces, it's our responsibility as committers to know and
> communicate what we do on these spaces.
>
> Either way, good call to refresh our memory ;-)
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> Jason Dillon wrote:
>> With great power comes great responsibility... please be-careful ;-)
>> --jason
>> On Mar 21, 2007, at 8:00 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>>> I created a "geronimo-committers" group in Confluence and go
>>> figure, added all the Geronimo committers to it ;-). (I also
>>> created some accounts in some cases)
>>>
>>> This group is replacing the old "geronimo-admins" group and has
>>> full admin access to the following spaces:
>>>
>>> Apache Geronimo Documentation
>>> Apache Geronimo v2.0
>>> Apache Geronimo v1.2
>>> Apache Geronimo v1.1
>>> Apache Geronimo v1.0
>>> Apache Geronimo Development
>>> Apache Geronimo Project Management
>>> Apache Geronimo Knowledge Base
>>> Apache Geronimo Samples
>>> Apache Geronimo SandBox
>>> Apache Geronimo
>>>
>>> GBuild is the only space still holding on the "geronimo-admins"
>>> group. If nobody objects I will replace "geronimo-admins" group
>>> with "geronimo-committers" in this space too and then remove the
>>> "geronimo-admins" group.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>> Hernan