geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Security Stuff for 2.0 - question
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 02:58:35 GMT

On Mar 6, 2007, at 7:49 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Given the recent discussion around BouncyCastle on incubator and
> other project lists.  I thought I'd poke to see what new items we
> have and make sure we have our export / legal stuff taken care of
> or accounted for.
>
> Can folks who are aware of changes in the following areas reply to
> this note?
>
> New keystore mgmt facilities?
> Password encryption?
> New ciphers, etc?

Hey Matt,
Was just catching up with some reading on legal-discuss@. Looks like
Geronimo needs to be classified with an Export Control Classification
Number. Have we ever done this? We're not listed in the current
classification table. So, looks like we have a little work to catch
up on...

Here's some info -- http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

By my interpretation, all Geronimo releases should be classified as
ECCN 5D002.

--kevan