geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: What is a plugin? geronimo or maven?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:46:23 GMT
On Mar 20, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2007, at 7:39 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>> On 3/20/07, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I don't think we've been specific enough about what goes where for
>>> jason's proposal to make sense yet, as gianni points out.
>>>
>>> I'm sure we don't want all 100K artifacts we produce all under o.a.g
>>> or o.a.g.server
>>
>> I mostly definitely agree. In the maven repo, dumping all the
>> artifacts in the o.a.g.server directory would be very confusing.
>
> WAIT!   We most certainly are not going to be dumping all artifacts
> into one groupId... so lets just stop that talk here... that does
> not make sence, will not happen.

In retrospect I should have rephrased this.  I just got a bit
frustrated... and I apologize.

We certainly need to deal with the huge number of modules we have and
how they represented in the src tree and into the repo.  I don't
think we can fix that just yet, as the change to make that happen is
larger than simply changing the groupIds.

--jason