geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Getting ready for G 1.2 release?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:43:18 GMT
I think we should start wrapping up the SNAPSHOT deps we have in 1.2
to prepare for a release.  These are the ones I am aware of:

     openejb 2.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT
     yoko 1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT
     activemq 4.1-SNAPSHOT

ActiveMQ is on its way to releasing 4.1.1, which should be available
soonish (maybe sometime next week?).

When can we get non-SNAPSHOT artifacts from OpenEJB and Yoko?

  * * *

There are also a few SNAPSHOT artifacts configured in  the testsuite/*:

     maven-invoker-plugin 1.0-SNAPSHOT
     maven-surefire-plugin 2.8-SNAPSHOT

We don't even use the maven-invoker-plugin, so that can be dropped.
And the maven-surefire-plugin is for TestNG support, and there isn't
much hope of getting that resolved any time soon.  But, these don't
need to be non-SNAPSHOT's for the release (would be nice though)
since this module is not included in the default build.

I suppose we could include the maven-surefire-plugin 2.8-SNAPSHOT
(and its deps) in the repository module (using timestamp-build
versions).  But IMO its not a requirement or blocking issue for 1.2
releasability.

  * * *

There are also 8 unresolved JIRA's for 1.2:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/
field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10220&fixfor=12310181

Anyone know of any other issues which need to be wrapped up for 1.2?
And/or if any of the above issues should be resolved/deferred for
another release?  If you have a moment, please take a peek.

--jason