geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: JAXB upgrade
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:12:31 GMT

On Mar 1, 2007, at 9:42 AM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> I think we are all open to input on this particular point. Is there
> any way we can figure out what the JEE5 requirements are though?

Assuming 2.1 is backward compatible to 2.0 the only real limitation
can see is that often when testing the api libraries themselves (in
this case the jaxb api), the requirements often follow a "no more and
no less" policy.  Which means that say we wanted to start
implementing the new imaginary EJB 3.1 and it added two new methods
on the InvocationContext interface, it would fail JEE5 certification.

I don't know what the case is for apis associated with jaxb 2.1 vs
jaxb 2.0 or jax-ws 2.1 vs jax-ws 2.0.  Someone needs to look at the
tck to know for sure.

-David