geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JPA Testsuite Error in Console
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:40:48 GMT

On Mar 28, 2007, at 8:18 AM, Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:

> Kevan Miller wrote:
>> Hi Lasantha,
>> Yes, it's expected. I planned on sending a note to dev, but
>> forgot... Now that we've enabled the jpa javaagent (see http://
>> svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=517581) in the server,
>> you'll see these warning messages. (this has nothing to do with
>> Surefire...). As you noted, it's not causing errors -- just pretty
>> annoying. Masking the warning was not a trivial log4j property (or
>> you wouldn't be seeing them...). At a minimum we'll mask the
>> warnings. Better to avoid/fix the classloading issues all
>> together. FYI -- the CNFE occurs for cglib generated classes...
>>
>> --kevan
> Hi Kevan,
>
> Yes you are bang on target :-) .
>
> Today I had a chance to build the Geronimo with OpenJPA SNAPSHOT
> version and these CNFE are cannot be seen now. So we can move these
> Exceptions in to the OpenJPA tray since it can only be seen with
> 0.9.6-incubating version  ;-) .

Hi Lasantha,
That's interesting to hear. Thanks for checking that. Perhaps
procrastination will pay off, this time... ;-)

> With the latest class enhancement methodology of JPA in Geronimo
> enable to can't we remove OpenJPA information from jpa-testsuite
> since it is mainly using for the class enhancement at the build time?

Hmm, can you elaborate? Are you referring to what's in testsuite/
enterprise-testsuite/jpa-tests? I confess that I don't know what's
there... Perhaps you or Prasad could explain...

--kevan