geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JPA Testsuite Error in Console
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:59:40 GMT

On Mar 15, 2007, at 2:34 AM, Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to run the JPA testsuite  after starting the server
> using "java -javaagent:bin/jpa.jar -jar bin/server.jar " command
> and noticed the following error in the console. It doesn't fail the
> test suite anyway. Is it relating to some other known bug or not?
> Insight would be greatly appriciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Lasantha
>
> 3666  WARN   [RMI TCP Connection(10)-127.0.1.1] openjpa.Enhance -
> An exception was thrown while attempting to perform class file
> transformation on "org/apache/geronimo/gbean/GBeanLifecycle$
> $FastClassByCGLIB$$e6d2946a":
> <0|false|0.9.6-incubating>
> org.apache.openjpa.util.GeneralException:
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$FastClassByCGLIB$
> $e6d2946a in classloader org.apache.geronimo.testsuite/jpa-ear/2.0-
> SNAPSHOT/ear
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCClassFileTransformer.needsEnhance
> (PCClassFileTransformer.java:179)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCClassFileTransformer.transform
> (PCClassFileTransformer.java:117)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl
> $ClassTransformerImpl.transform(PersistenceProviderImpl.java:140)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.persistence.TransformerWrapper.transform
> (TransformerWrapper.java:43)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.transformer.TransformerCollection.transform
> (TransformerCollection.java:36)
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$FastClassByCGLIB$
> $e6d2946a in classloader org.apache.geronimo.testsuite/jpa-ear/2.0-
> SNAPSHOT/ear
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass
> (MultiParentClassLoader.java:303)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:
> 319)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCClassFileTransformer.needsEnhance
> (PCClassFileTransformer.java:171)
>        ... 99 more

Hi Lasantha,
Yes, it's expected. I planned on sending a note to dev, but forgot...
Now that we've enabled the jpa javaagent (see http://svn.apache.org/
viewvc?view=rev&revision=517581) in the server, you'll see these
warning messages. (this has nothing to do with Surefire...). As you
noted, it's not causing errors -- just pretty annoying. Masking the
warning was not a trivial log4j property (or you wouldn't be seeing
them...). At a minimum we'll mask the warnings. Better to avoid/fix
the classloading issues all together. FYI -- the CNFE occurs for
cglib generated classes...

--kevan