geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject I'm going to break "automatic" tomcat jsf support for a couple of days
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 02:50:51 GMT
I have the jetty-myfaces integration working with the object
lifecycle contract we negotiated with the myfaces team, and I've
straightened out the classloaders so that myfaces is included only if
you in fact are using jsf.  I'm about to commit this work, but it
will break the tomcat jsf integration a bit for a couple of days.
The reason is that the current integration relies on myfaces being in
the same classloader as tomcat, which is obviously not compatible
with the idea of adding myfaces to the app classloader only if its
needed.

You should be able to make a jsf app work by pretending it's not a
jsf 1.2 app, i.e. including the myfaces ServletContextListener in
your web.xml explicitly.

We don't really have any good tests but dependency injection into jsf
managed beans should be working in jetty now (after my commit).

I'm going to look into dependency injection in tomcat next, and then
hook up myfaces similarly, so this "outage" should be pretty short.

thanks
david jencks