geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r520132 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: ./ applications/console/geronimo-console-standard/src/main/resources/ assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-jee5/ configs/activemq/ maven-plugins/car-maven-plugin/src/site/apt/ modules/ modules/ge-active
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 23:20:36 GMT
   One of the places it happened was in daytrader config. The following
path is 256 + 5:
C:\geronimo\geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.2-SNAPSHOT\repository\org\apache\geronimo\daytrader\day

trader-jetty-streamer-client\1.2-SNAPSHOT\daytrader-jetty-streamer-client-1.2-SNAPSHOT.car

\org.apache.geronimo.modules\ge-activemq-rar\1.2-SNAPSHOT\rar\META-INF\MENIFEST.MF

Thanks
Anita

--- Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:

> Do you know specifically when this happens?  Is this because of
> including it in the car, and since cars are unpacked in the repo that
>
> it makes a horribly long path?
>
> --jason
>

> On Mar 20, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Paul McMahan wrote:
>
> > It's been a while but as I recall the module name was shortened
> > because after being deployed into the repository the path name to
> some
> > of its resources exceeded the maximum path length on windows.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Paul
> >
> > On 3/20/07, Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:
> >> If there is an issue, I would rather look into fixing the cause
> not
> >> pollute the name.
> >>
> >> Why exactly would the name of this artifact cause path issues for
> >> windows?
> >>
> >> --jason

Need Mail bonding?