geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is a plugin? geronimo or maven?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:53:29 GMT

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think we've been specific enough about what goes where for
> jason's proposal to make sense yet, as gianni points out.
>
> I'm sure we don't want all 100K artifacts we produce all under o.a.g
>
> or o.a.g.server

   I do not see why testsupport/* should clutter the directory that
will contain modules and configs. We could have testsupport/* as:
o.a.g.testsupport or o.a.g.server.testsupport.

> I was assuming that o.a.g.server would basically have the kernel and
>
> system stuff in it and little else -- maybe some basic naming
> support.
>
> then e.g. o.a.g.connector would have connector, transaction, jpa,
> connector-builder, persistence builder in it with the appropriate
> configs as well
>
> etc.
>
> That way no group would be too large to understand at once.   However
>
> I think it might still be good to have some easy way to distinguish
> the code subprojects from the car/module subprojects and I'm not sure
>
> how to do that well yet.  Right now there are 2 indications: whether
>
> the artifact ends up in modules or configs, and whether it starts
> with "geronimo-" or ends with .car.

    The "geronimo-" part is helpful. Since .car is part of artifact
name and not the artifactId, it is not helpful (see below) in
identifying a car in the directory containing modules and configs.

Thanks
Anita

current o/a/g/configs directory:
activemq
activemq-broker
axis
axis-deployer
axis2
axis2-deployer
ca-helper-jetty

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Mar 20, 2007, at 8:39 AM, Gianny Damour wrote:
>
> > On 20/03/2007, at 6:15 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:
> >
> >> On Mar 19, 2007, at 6:52 AM, Gianny Damour wrote:

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/