geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is the deal with geronimo-javaee-deployment_1.1MR3_spec
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:01:41 GMT
This is not our version, its the version of the spec.  IIRC we had a
big discussion about the best spec naming convention and decided this
was it.

Despite our best intentions, we often end up releasing corrections to
spec jars we've published.  Can you suggest a different naming
convention that will clearly and unambiguously show both the spec
version and the geronimo version of a spec jar?  Or do you think one
of these is unnecessary?

As you can probably tell, I think this is a very good practice.  I
hate it when someone says they depend on "servlet.jar" and I have to
open the spec jar up and try to figure out if whoever generated it
bothered to include any information at all about which spec version
they implemented.

thanks
david jencks