geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From FranK G <frank20...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can not deploy daytrader in geronimo m2
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:56:53 GMT
Hi,
I did a little debug to the class not found problem
when deploy daytrader.
The MANIFEST.MF of web.war includes the following
line:
  Class-Path: dt-ejb.jar streamer.jar wsappclient.jar
which means the classloader will includes the above
three jar files. I notice these jars are added to the
classpath in
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext. The
following method implements this function:

    public void addManifestClassPath(JarFile
moduleFile, URI moduleBaseUri) throws
DeploymentException {
        for (StringTokenizer tokenizer = new
StringTokenizer(manifestClassPath, " ");
tokenizer.hasMoreTokens();) {
            try {
                URI targetUri =
moduleBaseUri.resolve(pathUri);
                if (targetUri.getPath().endsWith("/"))
                    throw new
IllegalStateException("target path must not end with a
'/' character: " + targetUri);

configuration.addToClassPath(targetUri.toString());
            } catch (IOException e) {
                throw new DeploymentException(e);
            }
        }
    }
Let's take wsappclient.jar for example, its targetUri
is "../wsappclient.jar", but wsappclient.jar is not
copied to the parent directory of the web module. So
class Trade can not be found.
I also notice the structure of the
%geronimo_home%\repository in geronimo v2.0 is
different from v1.1, I don't know why.

Thanks
Frank

On 2007-03-14 11:16:05, FranK G <frank2006g@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>Charis, thank you for your reply.
>I got the same error when using SUN jdk.
>C:\>deploy --user system --password manager deploy
>F:\daytrader\modules\ear\target\daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear
>F:\daytrader\plans\daytrader-2.0-M2-jpa-plan.xml
>Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program
>Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\jre
>    Error: Unable to distribute
>daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear: Could
>    not load service class
>
>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.client.ws.Trade
>

>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.client.ws.Trade
>in
>    classloader
>
>org.apache.geronimo.daytrader/daytrader_web.war/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car
>
>Thanks
>Frank
>
>On 2007-03-13 21:13:37, Christopher Blythe
><cjblythe25@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Frank...
>>
>>Try using the daytrader-2.0-M2-jpa-plan.xml as the
>deployment plan. If that
>>doesn't help, it might be worth trying the SUN JDK.
>>
>>Chris
>>
>>On 3/13/07, FranK G <frank2006g@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I checked out the source codes of daytrader from
>>>
>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/daytrader/trunk
>>> and built it successful. But I encountered the
>>> following error when I deployed it:
>>> C:\>deploy --user system --password manager deploy
>>>
>F:\daytrader\modules\ear\target\daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear
>>>
>F:\daytrader\plans\daytrader-geronimo-derby-plan.xml
>>> Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program
>Files\IBM\Java50\jre
>>>     Error: Unable to distribute
>>> daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear:
>>>

>com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException:
>>> 51 counts
>>>     of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
>>>
>>>     Property "id" has an XmlID annotation but its
>type
>>> is not String.
>>>
>>>         this problem is related to the following
>>> location:
>>>
>>>                 at protected java.lang.String
>>> org.apache.openejb.jee.EjbJar.id
>>>
>>>                 at org.apache.openejb.jee.EjbJar
>>>
>>>     Property "id" has an XmlID annotation but its
>type
>>> is not String.
>>>
>>>         this problem is related to the following
>>> location:
>>>
>>>                 at protected java.lang.String
>>> org.apache.openejb.jee.Text.id
>>>
>>>                 at org.apache.openejb.jee.Text
>>>
>>>                 at public
>>> org.apache.openejb.jee.Text[]

org.apache.openejb.jee.EjbJar.getDescriptions()

>>>                 at org.apache.openejb.jee.EjbJar
>>>          51 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
>>>
>>> I think this is a problem of JAXB, so I replaced
>>> jaxb-impl-2.0.3.jar and jaxb-api-2.0.jar with
>>> jaxb-impl-2.1.1.jar and jaxb-api-2.1.jar, then I
>got
>>> another error:
>>> Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program
>Files\IBM\Java50\jre
>>>     Error: Unable to distribute
>>> daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear: Could
>>>     not load service class
>>>

>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.client.ws.Trade
>>>

>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.client.ws.Trade
>>> in
>>>     classloader
>>> geronimo/daytrader-derby-tomcat_web.war/1.1.1/car
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me?
>>>
>>> Frank

>>> Expecting? Get great news right away with email
>Auto-Check.
>>> Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
>>>
>http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html
>>>

>>--
>>"I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect,
>say let... lets
>>evolve, let the chips fall where they may." - Tyler
>Durden

>Get your own web address.
>Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.
>http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.