geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: build question
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 04:23:18 GMT
On Mar 8, 2007, at 8:16 PM, Don Hill wrote:
> I know this is probably more of a maven question but after I do a
> mvn clean install and I am working on some classes in applications/
> console/geronimo-console-standard, what is the process that is
> followed to build just this module and then do a 'mvn install \ mvn
> -Ptools geronimo:start'

Er... mvn install ;-)

> I just need a better way to perform build/test cycles.

Ya, don't we all ;-)

Unfortunately with the configs/* and assembly/* bits, there is no
really easy way to just rebuild the bits that have changed quickly.

You probably want to do something like:

(cd applications/console; mvn install)
(cd configs/webconsole-jetty6; mvn install)
(cd assemblies/geronimo-jetty6-jee5; mvn install)
mvn -Ptools geronimo:start

Assuming that nothing else from modules/* has been changed, then that
should be the quickest way to test changes to the console.ear.

--jason