geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions for Axis2 folks re: JAXWS
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 04:21:20 GMT
If Axis2 has a tool to generate WSDL from Java code (with annotations)
then we should definitely used that. Hopefully, it also has good
programmatic API so that we can call it at runtime (or at deployment
time) and generate the WSDL dynamically to a file or a byte array or
whatever. In G we would just check if the @WebService annotation has
wsdlLocation attribute set (there is a bit of logic to that) and call
that tool only if it is not. I don't think we should do anything more
then that in G. That is, I don't think we should write any code in G
to generate WSDL from Java code.

Jarek

On 3/15/07, Lasantha Ranaweera <lasantha@opensource.lk> wrote:
> Hi Lin,
>
> I checked your email in the Axis2 dev list and I am also not sure
> whether this is a bug or a missing feature in the Axis2 (since I didn't
> go through the problem deep). If this is a bug we might able to help
> Axis2 source code too (as I did couple of times with my patches) ;-) .
> Make sure to cross link issues in JIRA in such situation. Otherwise as
> Jeff mentioned we might need to implement in the G side if the Axis2
> doesn't have any plans of support the feature soon.
>
> Regarding your last part of reading annotations have a look at
> JAXWSUtils.java file comes in a org.apache.geronimo.jaxws package, I
> think it has a way of reading such annotations (line 86).
>
> Thanks,
> Lasantha
>
> Lin Sun wrote:
> > Hi Jeff,
> >
> > Yes I totally agree that the tool needs to be for axis2 only and
> > handled during deployment time!  Basically, during deployment of the
> > module, we'll invoke the tool on the fly and generate the .wsdl file
> > for the user, and set the PortInfo's wsdlLocation property.  Then the
> > code will be executed as if the .wsdl is provided by the user, which
> > we know works right now.   I was just trying to run the tool
> > stand-alone first to make sure it is good for our need.:-)  I'll
> > investigate if there is any license issue.
> >
> > Also, this doesn't cover the second scenario, when .wsdl file is
> > provided  but the location of the .wsdl file is specified in
> > annotation but not in webservices.xml.   In this case, we 'll need to
> > figure out the location of the .wsdl file from annotation (not sure
> > how to do that yet) and set the PortInfo's wsdlLocation property.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Lin
> >
> > Jeff Genender wrote:
> >> I think this is supposed to happen on deployment, not from a tool.  If
> >> Axis is not going to handle this, then this code will need to be written
> >> in the Axis2 deployer for Geronimo.  Currently CXF does handle
> >> Webservice annotations, so this type of deployment code would be an
> >> Axis2 only necessity.  I think the PortInfo objects will need to be
> >> filled out before handing off to Axis2.
> >>
> >> Jeff

G thang ;-)

in an archive it