geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: why do we call the "eclipse plugin" devtools?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:24:00 GMT
I would just add a new link on the nav for J2G... and when/if we get
an IDEA plugin, then add that as a separate link too.  I'd also give
each of them their own JIRA project too.  I'm okay with the svn sub-
tree for devtools/.... just slightly annoyed that we refer to the
eclipse plugin as "devtools", when its really the "eclipse plugin".
Its minor... but I'm anal about structure and naming :-P

On Mar 6, 2007, at 2:18 PM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> As long as there is only the eclipse plugin in the devtools project I
> agree that it would be clearer to just call it "eclipse plugin" from
> the main page.  The J2G tooling that was recently contributed was
> implemented as a collection of eclipse plugins, so I think the naming
> you propose will still work OK if/when it gets added to that page.
> Best wishes,
> Paul
> On 3/6/07, Jason Dillon <> wrote:
>> I agree its a development tool... but its seems really odd that we
>> don't just call this "eclipse-plugin"... which seems to be the normal
>> way other projects refer to their eclipse integration.
>> For example, on the main page under sub-projects... I think the link
>> should be "Eclipse Plugin" and that most users will kind of expect to
>> see that instead of "Development Tools", which happens to be a page
>> all about the "Eclipse Plugin" anyways.
>> --jason

View raw message