geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DB Viewer portlet error
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:33:23 GMT
I can deploy the pool just fine but it is the DB creation process the one I have no control.
I use the DB manager to create a new DB, that DB is listed in the DB Viewer portlet, when
I click that DB I get this error. At this point I only entered the name of a new DB I wanted
to create, the rest is just "mouse" clicks ;-)

So, when I get the portlet error (still in the DB Manager) I check the logs and see the "...java.sql.SQLException:
No suitable driver ..."

If I create a connection pool, I will still be able to test the connection (at creation time)
and deploy the pool via console (have not tried via command line yet). The pool gets successfully
deployed but when I try to access that DB I get a weird error, like the DB does not exist.
So this is kind of a second test to see if I can still access the DB (which I can't) but the
main issue is that the DB Viewer portlet cannot display any DB content for other than the
"SystemDatabase".

Cheers!
Hernan