geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat m2 repo?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:50:22 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2007, at 4:04 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

>>> Sorry, this repo stuff is a sore subject for me.  I've been trying
>>> to keep things orderly (and limited) and new repos just keep poping
>>> up and into our build.  This has been going on for a while now,
>>> though it has gotten better.
>>>
>>> Anyways, nothing personal... I am just a little annoyed with all the
>>> repo related issues in whole.
>>
>> If you remember back, Ant was originally developed to build Tomcat,
>> so the odds of them dropping Ant are pretty slim.  Now they maybe
>> willing to add the maven ant tasks to publish to the maven repo, but
>> I suggest you ask really nicely.
>
> I don't expect that Tomcat will switch to m2, though if they are gonna
> be publishing m2 repos they should use the m2 antlib for that.  But,
> looks like the m2 antlib is not up to snuff wrt the new? apache
> requirements to publish .asc files for releases.  I think the antlib
> tasks probably need to be updated to allow extra files to be attached
> when install/deploying and then ant folks should be sorted... well,
> that and if they implement a task or macro to sign stuff.
we're note even using the antlibs, they were not really working out. It
was easier to just exec the mvn script directly. If Maven has the
command line option to do what we want, then we can do it.
So if you show me the "$MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn" command to publish a single
JAR(with a POM) and being able to make sure the signature goes with it,
then we are fine.
GPG signing is a no brainer, we can do that any day.

Filip