geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject welcome-tomcat failed to start during server startup
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:23:23 GMT
Hi,

welcome-tomcat app failed to start during server startup on my winxp
machine.  This is with a trunk I just refreshed.  First, I thought it
was just the welcome app, but when I tried to deploy the jaxws-war test
app, i got the same NoSuchMethodError error.

Here's a snip of the error:

16:15:25,546 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="JEE5/JAXWSServlet/1.1/car?J2EEApplication=null,j2e
eType=WebModule,name=JEE5/JAXWSServlet/1.1/car"
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.
setLifecycleProvider(Lorg/apache/catalina/lifecycle/LifecycleProvider;)V
         at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.setContextProperti
es(GeronimoStandardContext.java:88)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer
.java:253)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b07
3.invoke(<generated>)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
Invoker.java:38)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
n.java:127)

Anyone else hit this?  I'll switch to jetty for now.

Lin