geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <>
Subject Re: Fwd: Help, Apache Geronimo
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:15:23 GMT wrote:
> hello
> sir,
> we have application which is deployed on Apache Geronimo 1.1,
> in this application one of page has function which send mail,
> this page is done using sun mail.jar's API,
> this file works fine on tomcat but when it is deployed on
> apache geronimo it give me follwoing error,
> "javax.mail.SendFailedException: Send failure
> (javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost,
> port: 25 ( Connection refused))"
> can u help me in any way
There is a bug in the 1.1.1 Transport.send() code that results from some
bad processing of the property.  If you set the session
property "" to your smtp host name, you can get around the

Also, that particular exception only occurs if you are mixing the
Geronimo javamail API with the Sun SMTPTransport implementation.  You
should make sure you remove the Sun mail.jar from your application
classpath.  In the simple testing I've done, that combination will work
once you get by the "" problem, but it has not undergone
any extensive testing and the ability to fix and/or diagnose problems is
pretty limited.

> regard's
> ketan d.gote

View raw message