geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <drw_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: G 1.2 and IBM JDK (GERONIMO-433)
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 02:42:31 GMT
I compiled the latest branches/1.2 with the IBM 1.5.0 SR4 SDK on SLED10
i386 without any problems.  I extracted the
geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.2-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz assembly and used
"./geronimo.sh run" to start the server and was able to log into the
Console and viewed the Info, JVM and DB Info portlets via Firefox and
then logged out.  I wouldn't call this enough of a test to tell users
that everything will work on the IBM JVMs, given we have seen problems
in past releases with SSL and Certificate handling that required code
changes for WASCE.

There was a problem with shutdown, which I don't think is unique to the
IBM SDK.  When I used Ctrl+C, there was a never ending display of Java
exceptions and I finally had to kill the Java process.

22:27:31,345 WARN  [GeronimoConnectionEventListener]
connectionErrorOccurred called with null
SQL Exception: No current connection.
         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.noCurrentConnection(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setupContextStack(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.commit(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown Source)
         at
org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedXAConnection.cleanup(ManagedXAConnection.java:143)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.internalReturn(SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.java:136)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.AbstractSinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.returnConnection(AbstractSinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.java:123)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TransactionEnlistingInterceptor.returnConnection(TransactionEnlistingInterceptor.java:95)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TransactionCachingInterceptor.returnConnection(TransactionCachingInterceptor.java:105)

As the above exception seemed to be thrown in a never ending loop, I
don't have the very beginning of the log....

-Donald