geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions for Axis2 folks re: JAXWS
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:39:17 GMT
Hi, thanks everyone for their input!  I really like this list - it is
very friendly! :-)

Jeff, I'd be happy to do it... a bit booked today but I should be able
to come up with a patch soon to handle the 2nd case where wsdlLocation
is specified in webservice annotation.

As for the first case (when wsdl file doesn't exist), my understanding
is that Axis2 doesn't have such a tool with JAX-WS features.  This is a
big feature, not just a bug.:-(   The Java2WSDL tool is the only tool
that I am aware of in Axis2 and it doesn't do annotation.    That's the
only reason why I propose to use the wsgen tool provided by sun.

Lin

Jeff Genender wrote:
> Yup...filling in the PortInfo map with some of the WebService annotation
> info (minimally the wsdl location) should get us past this issue.
>
> If Lin doesn't do it I may give it a SWAG this morning.
>
> Jeff
>
> Jarek Gawor wrote:
>> If Axis2 has a tool to generate WSDL from Java code (with annotations)
>> then we should definitely used that. Hopefully, it also has good
>> programmatic API so that we can call it at runtime (or at deployment
>> time) and generate the WSDL dynamically to a file or a byte array or
>> whatever. In G we would just check if the @WebService annotation has
>> wsdlLocation attribute set (there is a bit of logic to that) and call
>> that tool only if it is not. I don't think we should do anything more
>> then that in G. That is, I don't think we should write any code in G
>> to generate WSDL from Java code.
>>
>> Jarek
>>
>> On 3/15/07, Lasantha Ranaweera <lasantha@opensource.lk> wrote:
>>> Hi Lin,
>>>
>>> I checked your email in the Axis2 dev list and I am also not sure
>>> whether this is a bug or a missing feature in the Axis2 (since I didn't
>>> go through the problem deep). If this is a bug we might able to help
>>> Axis2 source code too (as I did couple of times with my patches) ;-) .
>>> Make sure to cross link issues in JIRA in such situation. Otherwise as
>>> Jeff mentioned we might need to implement in the G side if the Axis2
>>> doesn't have any plans of support the feature soon.
>>>
>>> Regarding your last part of reading annotations have a look at
>>> JAXWSUtils.java file comes in a org.apache.geronimo.jaxws package, I
>>> think it has a way of reading such annotations (line 86).
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Lasantha

>>> written

>>> ever