geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why do we keep growing new Confluence spaces?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:10:58 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> Seems like we keep sprouting up new spaces in Confluence... I don't
> think this is a very good idea.  I'd like to see some of these spaces
> condensed, probably moving some of the content to GMOxSITE.
>
> Why is there a GMOxSAMPLES space?  Seems like this just contains a
> single-page per version with links to the GMOxDOC<version> space.  IMO
> this space should go away.
GMOxSAMPLES it has been there for some time, it's just now that I had some time to link the
samples from there. My ultimate goal for this space is to physically move all the sample applications
from all the other spaces here and then point to those samples from the from the version specific
documentation spaces. Makes more sense to me to have all the Geronimo sample applications
 consolidates in one space.

> GMOxPMGT also strikes me as a space that should not exist... its content
> should probably end up in GMOxSITE.
Partially agree, the only thing I see as a disadvantage is that the updates would be limited
to only committers. I would say that, historically, 50% of the updates to this space are made
by non-committers. I would rather have this info up-to-date and deal myself with the synch
form brutus to mino. Just my thoughts.

>  * * *
>
> Going forward, as we move closer to having multi-site stitching
> implemented to get these exported pages served up from
> http://geronimo.apache.org, its going to be more an more important not
> to keep growing new spaces where they aren't really needed.
>
> IMO, the *less* spaces we have the better... and right now I think we
> have way too many.
>
> Apache Geronimo (GMOxSITE)
> Apache Geronimo Development (GMOxDEV)
> Apache Geronimo Documentation (geronimo)
> Apache Geronimo Knowledge Base (GMOxKB)
We could move KB to the site. Updates to this space are not that often

> Apache Geronimo Project Management (GMOxPMGT)
> Apache Geronimo Samples (GMOxSAMPLES)
> Apache Geronimo SandBox (GMOxSBOX)
> Apache Geronimo TCK (GMOxTCK)
This TCK space is private, we don't export it so I wouldn't really count it as one. ;-)

> Apache Geronimo v1.0 (GMOxDOC10)
> Apache Geronimo v1.1 (GMOxDOC11)
> Apache Geronimo v1.2 (GMOxDOC12)
> Apache Geronimo v2.0 (GMOxDOC20)
We will continue to grow spaces in this dimension.

> Geronimo_MoinMoin_wiki (GMOxMoinMoin)
I can nuke this space this space if nobody objects. For "sentimental purposes" we have a bkp
from the old MoinMoin wiki here http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSBOX/gmoxmoinmoin-backup.html

Cheers!
Hernan