geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Questions for Axis2 folks re: JAXWS
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 04:05:20 GMT
Hi,

I have noticed when I deploy a war file (with a WSDL), I have a certain
target name specified both in the WSDL and in the code that uses a
WebService annotation.

However, when I go retrieve the WSDL, I notice the target name seems to
be munged according to the package name (backwards) of the code that
contains the WebService annotation.

Example...

I have include a WSDL called Hello.wsdl that is in the war file in the
web-inf/wsdl directory and starts with:

<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://example.com/hello/xsd">

I have a HelloWorld.java that has this:

package test.mypackage;

import javax.jws.WebMethod;
import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebService(name="HelloWorld", targetNamespace =
"http://example.org/hello/xsd")
public class HelloWorld {

    @WebMethod
    public String sayHello(String me){
        return "Hello "+me;
    }
}

However, when I request the wsdl...I get something like this:

<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://mypackage.test/xsd">

Notice the targetnamespace was munged and changed from it's originally
declared namespace of "http://example.com/hello/xsd".  I want the one
that is both declared in the included wsdl (or the one declared in the
annotation).

Is this a facet of Axis2 or is Geronimo not passing a proper PortInfo
object with the necessary stuff filled in?

Any light on this subject would be greatly appreciated ;-)

Thanks,

Jeff