geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <>
Subject Re: M4 or beta-1, that is the question
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 00:49:29 GMT
On Mar 22, 2007, at 2:21 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> I'm starting to look at the end of the month release.   I wanted to
> get some feedback on where everyone thinks we're at.  I'm starting
> to look at outstanding snapshots and the like.  For the end of this
> month I'd like to cut a branch on Mon / Tue.
> So the real question is do we go with a beta or a milestone?

    According to this definition (excerpt below) we should use M4:

"Formally, it is a product in that is in its final stages of testing.
Often, especially with FOSS, a beta version of a product (or beta
product), will be made available to the public for general use and may
contain minor bugs. This is done so that the product can be tested on a
large-scale in the field, and allow people to start using new tools as
soon as possible."

TV dinner still cooling?