geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Blythe" <cjblyth...@gmail.com>
Subject DayTrader 1.2 (J2EE 1.4) on Glassfish
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:57:55 GMT
Since I've been working with Glassfish (Sun Server 9) and NetBeans a lot
lately, I wanted to see if I could get DayTrader 1.2 running with minimal
changes. To my chagrin, I was able to pull it off with only a few minor
changes...

- Added vendor specific DDs
- Disabled web services components

One of the cool features I found in NetBeans is a validation utility that
combs through the ear to find spec violations. This utility pointed out some
spec violations in the exception handling associated with the EJBs and some
remnants of the one phase methods (that were removed) still in the
ejb-jar.xml.

Based on all of these, I have put together and attached three patch files.

I have also attached the README (included in the patch) with details on how
to build the ear and deploy the app on Sun Server 9.

Just a small warning... the EJBs are based on defaults and do not have any
type of locking characteristics configured (haven't had a chance to dig into
their doc to figure out how to do this). I haven't had a chance to run this
bad boy under load yet, so I have not idea how it will respond.

Enjoy...

Chris