geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cound not determine the installation directory of AG, because ... messages
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:39:47 GMT
DirectoryUtils has the same static code block that essentially (tries
to) determine GERONIMO_BASE (install directory) by getting the parent
directory of bin\server.jar, and prints that error message if it
fails.

I think this code should be removed from static blocks, put in one
place, and only called once when and if it is needed.  (That is, in
DirectoryUtils.getGeronimoInstallDirectory(), and
ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConfiguration().)  It appears not be be
needed in both of the cases you mention.

Ted Kirby