geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: What is a plugin? geronimo or maven?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:52:12 GMT
On Mar 20, 2007, at 6:53 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
>> I'm sure we don't want all 100K artifacts we produce all under o.a.g
>>
>> or o.a.g.server
>
>    I do not see why testsupport/* should clutter the directory that
> will contain modules and configs. We could have testsupport/* as:
> o.a.g.testsupport or o.a.g.server.testsupport.

Sure, we could use separate groupIds for every set of modules... just
a matter of making that choice and being consistent with it.  I'm
just worried about the stupid long pathname, as we add new groupIds.

I personally like the groupIds to be different for groups of modules
(at least for the first level grouping).  This gives them their own
namespace, and allows the repo structure to closer resemble the src
tree's structure.

>> the artifact ends up in modules or configs, and whether it starts
>> with "geronimo-" or ends with .car.
>
>     The "geronimo-" part is helpful. Since .car is part of artifact
> name and not the artifactId, it is not helpful (see below) in
> identifying a car in the directory containing modules and configs.
>
> Thanks
> Anita
>
> current o/a/g/configs directory:
> activemq
> activemq-broker
> axis
> axis-deployer
> axis2
> axis2-deployer
> ca-helper-jetty

I would rather suffix the car's with something, rather than prefix
all non-cars with "geronimo-".

--jason