geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'm going to break "automatic" tomcat jsf support for a couple of days
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:07:10 GMT
> >  I will also work on improving
> > the test case at testsuite/web-testsuite/test-myfaces so that we can
> > keep an eye on overall JSF functionality (including dependency
> > injection) as we move forward.
>
> That would be fantastic!

The testcase at testsuite/web-testsuite/test-myfaces should now be in
proper working order to test dependency injection for JSF managed
beans in jetty.   You can run the test by typing "mvn -P child" in
that directory.   The surefire test is failing because (I think) the
dependency injection is not totally working for @Resource yet.   IIUC
I should be able to define a env-entry in my web.xml that I can then
refer to from a @Resource annotation in a managed bean.  Right now
that variable does not appear to receive the injection because the
bean returns null when I ask for it from a JSF tag in a JSP.

Best wishes,
Paul