geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.0-M3 Release
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 17:12:02 GMT
Sachin,  this is actually the default behavior in tomcat.  You can
change the setting in geronimo/var/catalina/conf/web.xml but there's a
warning associated with it:

  <!--   listings            Should directory listings be produced if there -->
  <!--                       is no welcome file in this directory?  [false] -->
  <!--                       WARNING: Listings for directories with many    -->
  <!--                       entries can be slow and may consume            -->
  <!--                       significant proportions of server resources.   -->
    [...]
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
         [...]