geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: JAXB upgrade
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:17:01 GMT
On Monday 05 March 2007 12:01, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Well that settles that!
>
> Do you know: are they changing the spec? Or are they just pulling their
> implementation?

They are changing it slightly.   It has something to do with the "Last Call
Working Draft" of the "Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-addr-metadata-20070202/ having some
changes in it.   They didn't want 2.1 out there that's incompatible with
it, or something like that.

I don't think it's API changes, but it may be.   Just javadoc, docs, and
possibly spec compliance (optional vs required type changes).   Not really
sure at this point.

In anycase, I'm removing it from our builds.   Tests are running now.

Dan

> - Dan
>
> On 3/5/07, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:
> > I'll pull the JAX-WS 2.1 stuff now.   I just received word from Sun
> > that they are pulling JAX-WS 2.1 anyway.  (they are respinning it to
> > address some issues with the WS-A stuff)    Thus, it will be removed
> > from the maven repository ASAP and our builds will fail.   Give my 1/2
> > hour or so.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > On Monday 05 March 2007 11:21, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> > > Would it be possible for CXF folks to decide this issue soon? In
> > > Geronimo land we are kind of stuck right now (we have CXF disabled
> > > from the build because of the JAX-WS/JAXB issues) we are not making
> > > a lot of progress now in terms of intergration and testing.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jarek

So if

TCK