geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: why do we call the "eclipse plugin" devtools?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:36:13 GMT
On Mar 6, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>> For example, on the main page under sub-projects... I think the link
>> should be "Eclipse Plugin" and that most users will kind of expect to
>> see that instead of "Development Tools", which happens to be a page
>> all about the "Eclipse Plugin" anyways.
>
> I know there're some works on a Geronimo NetBeans IDE plugin so wait a
> bit longer and you'll see the point of having 'Devtools' name not
> 'Eclipse Plugin' .

No... then I would see more reason to not have things called
"devtools".  I would expect that each of these "devtools" would have
their own page, then own JIRA so they can be managed separately.

I think its fine to have a the side-nav box titled "Development
Tools" but I expect to have each major tool to have its own
independent area for managing content/issues related to it.

  * * *

I guess the thing I don't really like right now... is that we refer
to the "eclipse-plugin" as "devtools" interchangeably.  I believe
that should change... and I think the way to make that change is to
start renaming stuff that was previously "devtools" (which was solely
for eclipse tooling support) to "eclipse-plugin".

--jason