geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Database pools
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:18:53 GMT
Minor (? :)) Clarification....
   David, I meant to write connector-deployer config not
system-database to add the GBean to. Will that change your answer? I
think having individual GBeans in the appropriate deployer config will
work well for minimal and framework servers.

Thanks
Anita

--- Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 5, 2007, at 6:31 PM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
> >
> > >    I need to add RARConfigurer GBean to system-database config to
> > fix
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2916 (see excerpts
> > > below)
> > >    Is this the correct place to add it?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Instead of adding gbeans to anything, I think you want to start all
>
> > the jsr88-*configurer modules gianny recently added.   See
> > assemblies/
> >
> geronimo-jetty6-jee5/src/main/var/config/jsr88-configurer-config.xml
> >
> > which contains
> >
> >    <module
> > name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-cli/${version}/car"/>
> >    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-jar-configurer/$
>
> > {version}/car"/>
> >    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-rar-configurer/$
>
> > {version}/car"/>
> >    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-war-configurer/$
>
> > {version}/car"/>
> >    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-ear-configurer/$
>
> > {version}/car"/>
> >

> > I don't think you want to  start the jsr88-cli in the server.  If
> > there isn't already an appropriate gbean for the DeploymentManager
>
> > we'd need a gbean like
> >
> >      <gbean name="ModuleConfigurerRegistry"

class="org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.jmx.RemoteDeploymentManager

> > ">
> >          <references name="ModuleConfigurers">
> >              <pattern>
> >                  <name>ClientConfigurer</name>
> >              </pattern>
> >              <pattern>
> >                  <name>EARConfigurer</name>
> >              </pattern>
> >              <pattern>
> >                  <name>RARConfigurer</name>
> >              </pattern>
> >              <pattern>
> >                  <name>WARConfigurer</name>
> >              </pattern>
> >          </references>
> >      </gbean>
> >
> > somewhere appropriate but I don't think it should be the
> > jmxRemoteDeploymentManager.  (but I'm not sure)  It does need to be
>
> > able to accept the *Configurers registering with it.
>
>      I found WARConfigurer GBean in tomcat6-deployer config. I did
> not
> find any EarConfigurer. I am still mesmerized by this stuff... The
> ModuleConfigurerRegistry is a good choice. Where should this GBean
> go?
>
> Thanks
> Anita
>

> > thanks
> > david jencks
> >

> > > Thanks
> > > Anita

> > > 5:07:55,562 ERROR [DatabasePoolPortlet] Unable to save connection
> > pool
> > > javax.enterprise.deploy.spi.exceptions.InvalidModuleException: No
> > > configurer for module type: rar registered
> > > at

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.jmx.JMXDeploymentManager.createC