geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring trunk (LONG)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:03:18 GMT

Thanks for taking the time to read what I wrote :-)

> So far I have only a couple minor quibbles.
>
> -- connector + transaction should be a component

That should work... though some bits like geronimo-client would need
to find another home, since it depends on geronimo-transaction.
Though that is probably one of the modules that should move from
framework/* into javaee/*.

> -- I don't understand why you want the "server" in the base
> groupId.  why not o.a.g.activemq, o.a.g.connector, o.a.g.openejb,
> etc?  o.a.g.server.client seems especially odd to me :-)

This was to give each of the main top-level projects under our svn
root its own groupId.  As in:

     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/ ->
org.apache.geronimo.server
     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/daytrader/ ->
org.apache.geronimo.daytrader
     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/genesis/ ->
org.apache.geronimo.genesis

I don't think there would be a _groupId_ o.a.g.server.client, there
will probably be:

     framework/ -> o.a.g.s.framework
     javaee/ -> o.a.g.s.javaee
     buildsupport/ -> o.a.g.s.buildsupport
     testsupport/ -> o.a.g.s.testsupport

I don't think we want to go any deeper on groupIds, which is why the
bits under components/* should probably be treated differently.
Giving each component group its own groupId:

     components/activemq/ -> o.a.g.s.activemq
     components/axis/ -> o.a.g.s.axis
     components/axis2/ -> o.a.g.s.axis2

--jason